How to Land a Guest Post on a Big Blog (Even if You’re a Complete Newbie With No Connections)
Do you ever wonder if there is a Secret Society of Popular Bloggers?
You email a guest post idea to a popular blogger. Then it’s radio silence.
When I first started, this happened to me over and over again. After 20 emails sailing off into the void, I began to develop Blogger’s Paranoia:
Is there a secret password I forgot to include in the subject line?
When I finally got an answer… it was a “No”.
One particular rejection stands out for me.
I had found this perfect blog, devoured its top 10 articles and wrote a killer pitch.
The next morning I got an email from the blogger.
09 September 2015, 05:43 am
My suspicions were verified:
Boys & Girls Clubs are a safe place to learn and grow –all while having fun. It is the place where great futures are started each and every day.
I was crushed. So it turns out that there WAS a clique – and I wasn’t in it.
High school all over again.
Welcome to Blogger High.
(SPOILER ALERT: Don’t give up, spunky kid. No is just a delayed yes.)
Turn the Tables: How to Get Popular Bloggers to Beg YOU for Guest Posts
09 September: Sorry, you’re not one of the cool kids. You can’t play on my site.
14 October: Same blogger. This time pitching me ideas so I’ll come and write for her.
What the heck happened in those 5 weeks? Are we on Parallel Earth?
03 November: I counter-pitch three ideas I’d prefer to write instead. They get accepted. She even volunteers to wait until my website is up.
Keys to the Kingdom: How to Get Popular Bloggers to Unlock Their Network and Pitch Guest Posts on Your Behalf
28 December 2015: It must be the Christmas Spirit... The blogger who turned me down three months ago is now connecting me to other big name bloggers.
Why was everyone being so nice all of a sudden?
They let me in on the secret…
How Complete Newbies Can Land Killer Guest Post Opportunities
Since then, I’ve reverse-engineered the Christmas Miracle and turned it into a step-by-step formula.
That’s why I’m here. To experiment and bang my head against walls repeatedly so you don't have to.
I do the hard work and test things out for you. Then I distil them into repeatable and scalable formulas.
All you have to do is plug and play.
Every two weeks I send out a new guest posting strategy. Tried and tested hacks like…
- How to Find Guest Posting Gold Mines (and Avoid Toxic Blogs That Bring Zero Subscribers)
- Jedi Mind-Trick: How to Turn a "No" Into a "Yes" If Your Guest Post Is Rejected
- How to Write a Guest Post Pitch No Popular Blogger Can Resist
- Turn the Tables: How to Get Popular Bloggers to Beg YOU for Guest Posts
- How to Tell if a Seemingly Good Guest Blogging Target Will Actually Flop
- How to Find the Hidden Influencers in Your Niche (and Why You Should Stop Spamming Random Bloggers for Guest Post Opportunities)
- Keys to the Kingdom: How to Get Popular Bloggers to Unlock Their Network and Pitch Guest Posts on Your Behalf
- … and much more.